This video tour of the 2014 BMW R1200GSA Adventure was taken at the EICMA Milano Motorcycle Exhibition. The next generation GS has been turning some heads since it came out earlier in 2013. The water-cooled boxer is a departure from the air-cooled boxers that BMW has been running for years.
It is not hard to see that this bike is ready for some serious Adventure Motorcycle Touring. BMW has done it again with their design and engineering.
Highlights of the new BMW R 1200 GS Adventure:
- Based on the same versatile overall concept as the R 1200 GS, with spirited twin-cylinder boxer engine and agile chassis, but with enhanced off-road prowess and globetrotting abilities.
- Increased flywheel mass in the engine and additional vibration damper for even smoother running and superior rideability.
- Spring travel 0.8 inches longer at front and rear compared to R 1200 GS.
- 0.4 inches more ground clearance than predecessor.
- Modified geometry of trailing arm for even sharper handling.
- Completely restyled bodywork in distinctly robust and masculine GS Adventure design.
- 7.9 gallon fuel tank with similar range to predecessor.
- ABS, ASC and two riding modes as standard.
- Three further riding modes available as factory option.
- Semi-active suspension Dynamic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) available as factory option.
- More comfortable height and tilt-adjustable rider seat.
- Large, adjustable windshield and air flaps.
- Wide enduro footrests.
- Adjustable, reinforced foot-operated levers.
- Robust engine and tank protection bar.
- Wide range of accessories and factory options.